Just Act Institute
Your donation powers theatre as advocacy
Just ACT go vote
REAL STRUGGLES .
REAL Strategies for change.
what Are We?
JUST ACT is an evolving ensemble of diverse, social arts facilitators who
- Offer training in Theatre of the Oppressed & Forum Theatre Technique (Introductory & Advanced Anti-Oppression Facilitation)
- Train community/civic groups, organizers, activists and school/university groups to “Make-Your-Own” Forum Theatre Ensemble, catalyzing public/peer dialogue through interactive theatre and community-led and driven action-planning to build an equitable and just world.
- Collaborate with community partners to develop creative resident-led, place-based engagement, organizing, planning & action projects to redistribute power and work for systemic equity.
- Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) training & workshops featuring Theatre of the Oppressed, Applied Theatre techniques & the Story Circle Process.
- “Jams on Justice” Public Forum Theatre Events for Community Dialogue & Action Planning for change
We customize our range of creative strategies to best serve our partners.
We create brave spaces for individuals and communities experiencing systematic discrimination, and those in solidarity with them, to think critically and creatively about inequality and injustice, and tap into their power to generate new ways for making personal and collective change.
JUST ACT IS REMAPPING THEATRE & STORY AS ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS IN THE BROADER PROCESS OF CIVIC DIALOGUE, ORGANIZING, PLANNING AND SOCIAL ACTION .
Just Act is Located in Philadelphia, PA. We partner across the tri-state area and collaborate across the country, and internationally through Zoom.
Reach out to us from anywhere.