Just Act Institute
Your donation powers theatre as advocacy
Just ACT go vote
REAL STRUGGLES .
what Are We?
JUST ACT is an evolving ensemble of diverse artist-facilitators who lead
- Training in Theatre of the Oppressed & Forum Theatre Technique
- Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) training & workshops featuring Theatre of the Oppressed, Applied Theatre & StoryCircle techniques
- “Jams on Justice” Public Forum Theatre Performances for Community Dialogue & Action Planning
- Trainings for community groups to “Make-Your-Own” Forum Theatre Ensemble
- Community & place-based creative engagement, organizing, planning & action projects
We customize programming to serve our partners and local issues they face.
We create brave spaces for individuals and communities who experience systematic discrimination and those in solidarity with them, to think critically about inequality and injustice, and to create and practice new ways for making personal and collective change.
JUST ACT IS REMAPPING THEATRE AS AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT IN THE BROADER PROCESS OF CIVIC DIALOGUE, SOCIAL ACTION AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT.
Just Act is Located in Philadelphia, PA. We partner across the tri-state area and collaborate across the country.
Reach out to us from anywhere.